A few weeks ago (4/27) my roommate invited me to brunch in Ballard. It was the last day of my "not-spend-any-extra-money" week, but hey, someone invited me to not only do something, but dine at a local hot spot. I wasn't turning it down!
I biked to Portage Bay and arrived horribly late, for which I blame the headwind and my own chronic poor estimation of time. The food was pretty good; I had Swedish pancakes with plenty of fruit topping. By the time we left, the place was bursting at the seams. I sat outside for a bit marvelling at all the young people going in and out. I'm still getting used to living in a city with so many peers! Weird I know. Cameron, one of my roommates, and her boyfriend had to leave right afterwards, so I went through the chore of trying to find something free I wanted to do...by myself. It's kinda hard for me. What bubbled to my desire surface, besides the desire for company, was wanting to visit the West Point Lighthouse in Discovery Park.
Easier said than done. I made my way over the Locks and through the gardens, to Grandmother's house we go...singing yet?
| "spring snow": all the blossoms blown off trees |
I pulled out my map, rode up a hill, pulled it out again, and repeated this process several times with the park map as well. Discovery park was actually a former military base and still has housing on it, which I got a close up of while trying to find the lighthouse. It seemed like everytime I coasted down a hill, it hit a dead end, and I had to turn around. I took a video to share the experience with you.
Finally, after going down the longest hill I made it to the West Point Lighthouse. Sadly, you could not go inside of it, so I took pictures instead. I had to spend more than 10 minutes there since it took so much energy to find!
I like how you can barely tell that the left photo is in color...
....and the right one is in B&W, so I had to post them both. Yes, Seattle has it grayscale days.
| Finding ways to entertain...even if it's just my camera. |
| I don't know what it is, but I really like drift wood. |
I'm happy to say that I had worked off my brunch after I made it home! In theory the whole trip should have been about 16.2 miles, but I certainly rode at least 20 miles plus hills. Naturally, I had to make up the lost calories with some peanut butter...and a few mini Snickers...and a nap. They say Snickers Satisfies, but so does being really tired and finding rest.
1 comment:
I am giggling at the thought of you talking to yourself/singing on your bike while riding through the trails of Seattle!
Post a Comment